(Currently working on a manuscript and pursuing an MDiv through Calvin Theological Seminary’s distance program, so publishing has slowed down a bit)
- Giving Until It Hurts, December 2018, Christianity Today (print). The story of my stumbling journey concerning my husband’s kidney donation.
- Imagining a Better Marriage Actually Improved Mine, April 2017, CT Women. A particularly vulnerable piece about a particularly difficult season in our marriage.
- Everbloom: Stories of Deeply Rooted and Transformed Lives April 2017, Paraclete Press. This anthology is put out by the talented women of Redbud Writers Guild (where I serve on the Board of Directors managing social media). My essay is titled: The Secret to Bloom
- The Living Bread Story March 2017, self published. This is the story of the founding of Living Bread Ministries offered as a free eBook to newsletter subscribers.
- “What if I made everything worse?” July/August 2016, Christianity Today (print). My review of D.L. Mayfield’s Assimilate or Go Home: Notes from a failed missionary on rediscovering faith.
- Seminary Is Not About Me May 2016, Her.meneutics (now CT Women). Sharing about my experience visiting a seminary in Rwanda established by Africa New Life Ministries.
- For the One Who Questions If Your Offering Matters March 2016, The Mudroom. Another story from my time in Rwanda.
- NIV Bible for Women: Fresh Insights for Thriving in Today’s World September 2015, Zondervan Loved getting to contribute a handful of devotions to this project.
- “A Body is A Body, Created By God” July/August 2015, Books & Culture (print). My review of The Anchoress: A Novel by Robyn Cadwallader.
- Teach Us to Want: Desire Distilled August 2014, Books & Culture (online exclusive). Review of Teach Us To Want: Longing, Ambition, and the Life of Faith by Jen Pollock Michel
- A Great Cloud of Witnesses July 2014, The Banner (print). A rambling and preachy plea on behalf of my generation. Embarrassingly painful to read now, but I list it here as a monument to not despising small beginnings. 🙂